Have you seen advertisements from SEO companies that promise you top rankings in a day or a week? Those ads are misleading. SEO is a process that takes time to show results. It is also an ongoing process that you cannot just do once and never do it again. That is why it is important to set realistic SEO expectations from the start. Choosing SEO consultant in Bay Area that will be honest about your situation, inform you about your options and execute a plan is the start to your website success.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. The shortest explanation is that it refers to activities done to bring a website to the top of search engine results. The goal of this effort is to bring interested parties to your website. When you go through a well-designed SEO campaign, you will see a steady increase in your web traffic.
search engines make changes all the time to the way they rank websites. A single change can drop a top site down the ranks and bring one in the lower ranks to the top overnight.
SEO is not like a traditional marketing campaign done in the physical world. It is not a matter of putting out advertisements and expecting people to come see your store. If that is what you want in the virtual world, PPC, or a pay per click consultant, may be a better option for you.
What is involved in an SEO campaign?
An SEO campaign begins with a thorough assessment of the current standing of your website. Where does the website come up in search engine results? Is the website optimized for SEO or does it need work? This assessment gives the SEO campaign a starting point.
The structure of a campaign is like this:
- Build an SEO strategy customized to the website
- Create content based on the SEO strategy
- Execute the strategy
- Build links to the website from other sites
- Resolve technical issues on the website and in SEO content
- Assess campaign and make adjustments
An SEO campaign takes time to create and execute. This requires a good deal of work and money to make it happen properly. The biggest thing a campaign needs is patience. Over time, you will see steady improvement in your rankings and the amount of people that visit your site.
What are realistic SEO expectations?
- First, no one can make the search engines do anything they do not want to do. Search engines will index your site on their schedule. They will set the rank of your website according to their own criteria.
- Next, search engines make changes all the time to the way they rank websites. A single change can drop a top site down the ranks and bring one in the lower ranks to the top overnight. While we work to make your website high in the ranks, an unexpected change by a search engine like Google may require changes.
- Your website’s SEO is something that needs to be ongoing. You cannot do a single SEO campaign and then think it’s done for all time. Your website needs to change and your SEO strategy needs to evolve with it.
- If your specialty is in a high traffic field like weight loss, making the highest rankings may be impossible. There are millions of websites dedicated to that topic and many are SEO optimized. We will identify the best keywords for your site and work to get you as high in the ranks as possible.
Our goal is to make your website attractive to people and to search engines. The search engines want specific things in your website to bring it to the top of the ranks. That includes optimal use of keywords as well as human readable content. Humans want valuable content and expect to find it when they click on the search engine results. That is how you bring people to your site and keep them there.
As an SEO consultant in Bay Area, we can get your website optimized for search engines. We can help you get customers to look at your website and look at your products and services. Contact us and we can get started today.